Open Outsourcing

Q

queen81

Guest
Pheebs said:
Okay, so the call was really good.

We went through some of the requirements - basically whether you've had any experience with outbound calls before, whether you have worked from home before, if you've got a place to work quietly, have a PC etc.

Then we had a chat about the rate of pay, and the payment dates, and booked ourselves in for a training call tomorrow.

Hopefully that goes well, and then it's onto the test call I think.

I'm really hopeful about this job - it could be the answer to my sudden loss of earnings (that I'm sure a few of you are aware of yourselves).
^^^^ what he said
 

Chammy

I'm really an 18yr old in the body of a 30yr old!
Staff member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
3,295
Points
253
Age
35
Location
Sheffield
Website
www.chammyirl.co.uk
queen81 said:
Pheebs said:
Okay, so the call was really good.

We went through some of the requirements - basically whether you've had any experience with outbound calls before, whether you have worked from home before, if you've got a place to work quietly, have a PC etc.

Then we had a chat about the rate of pay, and the payment dates, and booked ourselves in for a training call tomorrow.

Hopefully that goes well, and then it's onto the test call I think.

I'm really hopeful about this job - it could be the answer to my sudden loss of earnings (that I'm sure a few of you are aware of yourselves).
^^^^ what he said
And you were all worried ;)
 
Q

queen81

Guest
Chammy said:
queen81 said:
Pheebs said:
Okay, so the call was really good.

We went through some of the requirements - basically whether you've had any experience with outbound calls before, whether you have worked from home before, if you've got a place to work quietly, have a PC etc.

Then we had a chat about the rate of pay, and the payment dates, and booked ourselves in for a training call tomorrow.

Hopefully that goes well, and then it's onto the test call I think.

I'm really hopeful about this job - it could be the answer to my sudden loss of earnings (that I'm sure a few of you are aware of yourselves).
^^^^ what he said
And you were all worried going absolutely loon ;)
 

Lynnie

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
213
Points
128
I'm really pleased that this is working out so well for many of you. Is there any hope for those of us without call centre experience? I've worked as a receptionist but nothing else call related
 

busybusy

New Member
Joined
May 14, 2014
Messages
373
Points
0
I am going to cut to the chase with this question.
Is it just outgoing market research calls? Or is it cold calling dressed up as market research?
 
Q

queen81

Guest
busybusy said:
I am going to cut to the chase with this question.
Is it just outgoing market research calls? Or is it cold calling dressed up as market research?
It's reading out a survey - no selling involved.

Lynnie, I don't have any experience whatsover. My CV says different though. ::)
 

DillyBloss

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Jul 4, 2014
Messages
137
Points
138
how quickly after sending in your CV did you get a reply - I haven't heard back from them yet.
 
Q

queen81

Guest
DillyBloss said:
how quickly after sending in your CV did you get a reply - I haven't heard back from them yet.
I can't remember tbh - but it was the same day (I think).

They are in the Philippines so the time difference is big
 

Chammy

I'm really an 18yr old in the body of a 30yr old!
Staff member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
3,295
Points
253
Age
35
Location
Sheffield
Website
www.chammyirl.co.uk
queen81 said:
busybusy said:
I am going to cut to the chase with this question.
Is it just outgoing market research calls? Or is it cold calling dressed up as market research?
It's reading out a survey - no selling involved.

Lynnie, I don't have any experience whatsover. My CV says different though. ::)
As Queen said, you are contacting customers who have at some point given the client permission to contact them. The one thing I do like that they mentioned is that if a customer says no then it's no, you don't have to try and convince them to change their minds.

You run through a survey pretty similar to the ones we fill in on places like iPoll and Yougov etc, no real selling (you ask them if they want to take part in a prize draw etc) but you read what is on the screen in front of you.
 
J

JennyJack77

Guest
Chammy said:
queen81 said:
busybusy said:
I am going to cut to the chase with this question.
Is it just outgoing market research calls? Or is it cold calling dressed up as market research?
It's reading out a survey - no selling involved.

Lynnie, I don't have any experience whatsover. My CV says different though. ::)
As Queen said, you are contacting customers who have at some point given the client permission to contact them. The one thing I do like that they mentioned is that if a customer says no then it's no, you don't have to try and convince them to change their minds.

You run through a survey pretty similar to the ones we fill in on places like iPoll and Yougov etc, no real selling (you ask them if they want to take part in a prize draw etc) but you read what is on the screen in front of you.
Is that explicit permission? Or just that the customer didn't click a 'don't let us or third parties contact you' box, unaware that they'll now get a survey call (which I cynically believe would then lead to a sales call)?

I'm sorry for being all negative, but I have to admit, having read about this company (not just on the green site, but across the internet, and in posts by both past workers and "customers"), I have a very bad feeling about them. Of course, I didn't apply to work for them, and so my opinion matters absolutely zilch. Just please be careful.

Right, I've said my piece, I will shut up now. And it goes without saying that I genuinely hope I'm wrong.
 
Q

queen81

Guest
I have signed up to them and I think there's something not quite right, too.

But, I'll wait & see.
 

Chammy

I'm really an 18yr old in the body of a 30yr old!
Staff member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
3,295
Points
253
Age
35
Location
Sheffield
Website
www.chammyirl.co.uk
Jenny said:
Is that explicit permission? Or just that the customer didn't click a 'don't let us or third parties contact you' box, unaware that they'll now get a survey call (which I cynically believe would then lead to a sales call)?

I'm sorry for being all negative, but I have to admit, having read about this company (not just on the green site, but across the internet, and in posts by both past workers and "customers"), I have a very bad feeling about them. Of course, I didn't apply to work for them, and so my opinion matters absolutely zilch. Just please be careful.

Right, I've said my piece, I will shut up now. And it goes without saying that I genuinely hope I'm wrong.
I'm not sure what kind of permission it was, quite possibly a customer not reading things properly which, in my opinion, is their own fault. A sales call may result from the survey which will be because they have said yes to a question so for example "Would you like WeDoCheapGas to give you a call to see if they can save you money on your gas bill?" If they say yes then they get a call, they want it after all. If they say no then they don't.

I have had a few of these calls before and never received a sales call afterwards.

I have read both good and bad posts about them, but at the end of the day I'm going to give them a chance. If I don't like it then I leave, it is a self employed vacancy after all. I've said before one person's experience of a company can differ greatly to that of another's'.
 

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
30,052
Points
283
Age
39
Location
Leeds
Jenny said:
Chammy said:
queen81 said:
busybusy said:
I am going to cut to the chase with this question.
Is it just outgoing market research calls? Or is it cold calling dressed up as market research?
It's reading out a survey - no selling involved.

Lynnie, I don't have any experience whatsover. My CV says different though. ::)
As Queen said, you are contacting customers who have at some point given the client permission to contact them. The one thing I do like that they mentioned is that if a customer says no then it's no, you don't have to try and convince them to change their minds.

You run through a survey pretty similar to the ones we fill in on places like iPoll and Yougov etc, no real selling (you ask them if they want to take part in a prize draw etc) but you read what is on the screen in front of you.
Is that explicit permission? Or just that the customer didn't click a 'don't let us or third parties contact you' box, unaware that they'll now get a survey call (which I cynically believe would then lead to a sales call)?

I'm sorry for being all negative, but I have to admit, having read about this company (not just on the green site, but across the internet, and in posts by both past workers and "customers"), I have a very bad feeling about them. Of course, I didn't apply to work for them, and so my opinion matters absolutely zilch. Just please be careful.

Right, I've said my piece, I will shut up now. And it goes without saying that I genuinely hope I'm wrong.
No need to shut up at all
You are more than welcome to your views on here and to post them.

It's important this site doesn't come across as a happy clappy / everything is rainbows and unicorns type site.

If people have had a bad experience of heard negative things they should always share them.
 

Lynnie

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
213
Points
128
Okay, apologies in advance for being clueless but as I said before, I have no prior experience. I know that a dialer is used (though I'm not clear on exactly how it works) I take it this means that calls are charged to the company and not to us?
 
P

Pheebs

Guest
Lynnie said:
Okay, apologies in advance for being clueless but as I said before, I have no prior experience. I know that a dialer is used (though I'm not clear on exactly how it works) I take it this means that calls are charged to the company and not to us?
Yes, the calls come through to your PC via broadband. You don't need to use a phone.
 
P

Pheebs

Guest
Right - I've just had my training call.

I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say about the job on here, so I'll keep it vague, but it all seems really good.

There no element of sales at all, nor are there targets to meet with "yes" answers. The people you call are people they've been talking to for years, and are usually happy to do a quick survey.

The people at the office are really nice, and I'm having a quick go through the system now before I do my test call. After that, I'm free to start working.

All in all - really happy so far.
 

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
30,052
Points
283
Age
39
Location
Leeds
Can you a bit more about payment

are you earning straight from the 'off'

when does payroll take place and how do you get paid?
 
P

Pheebs

Guest
Jon@TheMoneyShed said:
Can you a bit more about payment

are you earning straight from the 'off'

when does payroll take place and how do you get paid?
Sure. You get paid an hourly rate - £6.31 I believe - but then there are bonuses for the amount of surveys you get through. That only kicks in after 8 weeks though, as this is a new contract and so they're not doing the surveys fast enough yet.

You get paid directly into your bank on the 14th of each month, for the month previously worked. You are classed as self-employed and therefore have to do your own tax/NI.

The first 10 hours you do are probational. If you leave, or are let go within those first 10 hours, you don't get paid for them. It's just to see if you like it, or if you're completely not suited to the role. If you do the 10 hours and then decide to leave, you do get paid for it. Likewise, if you continue with the job then those hours count towards your wages.

After that, you're earning straight away. The system calculates to the 100th of a second how long you've been working, and you get paid accordingly.

I can do my test today if I want, but am going to ask for a slot on Monday to make sure I'm confident with the system. As soon as you've done your test (which they say they'll help you with), you will get a response from the client within 48 hours to give you the green light to start work. It's just to check that you're easy to understand etc. as they deal with off shore call centres a lot.
 

DillyBloss

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Jul 4, 2014
Messages
137
Points
138
so you could do 10 hours work for free and then they get rid of you?

I have emailed my CV and heard nothing.
 

Members online


Amazon Discount Finder Tool

Find hidden 80%+ savings on Amazon products



 

 

 

 

 

 

 


TMSPRESTO