I tried to qualify for Java too and failed twice.
Project length varies massively because it's all dependent on their client whose needs seem to change overnight. I was doing extra hours until two weeks before my recent project ended out of the blue. First project was spot on a year, second about 8 months, a recent one was only a few batches of work over a month roughly. If you get a decent project manager they'll answer questions about how long the project lasts but I think some are almost as in the dark as the contractors.
I really don't understand how these companies work... I have been applying for positions since last August,not heard a word. Then, all of a sudden, I have "qualified" for 3 different projects with Appen:
- one of them, I can't access the surveys because even though I have received numerous emails asking me to start, the dashboard shoes as processing still
- I couldn't pass the test for another
- Last one, I sent my documentation and nothing else happened. Because of this, every time I log into the portal to see if I can apply for any other positions or check the status of the other applications, I keep seeing a message thanking me for sending the paperwork back and no matter where I click on the screen I am taken to the same message.
In the meantime, with Lionbridge:
- I was told I would start the exam next Wednesday 22nd, have documentation signed and everything
- I tried to apply for a second position but was told that because I was due to be examined I could not apply
But then.. surprise!!! I received an email yesterday saying that they could not fit me in the exam and best of luck.
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING.
These companies are a law unto themselves in how they work outside of the Web Search Evaluator stuff I would say.
As for Lionbridge, they clearly have more potential workers than they do spaces at the moment which is surprising as I thought they had a 'here is 11 months work and then you are booted off' policy!
No idea on that one, I just uploaded a regular CVHi guys,
I am looking to sign up to Appen (although the rhetoric is currently a bit negative here about it) and was after some help.
At signup they ask for a CV or Business Profile. May I ask what they mean by Business Profile?
Another day, another email from Appen about the voice recordings. They've been made aware that the transcription bit is taking longer than expected and suggest using the voice to text function available in phones to speed things up. IF you do the task there's better paying tasks coming and you'll be first in line, honest!
There's still no way I'm doing it. I resent that I spent any time on the task.
Hi there, I have received an email saying I have been invited to the Carmel EN-UK Collection task with details about what the task entails but no information on how to access it ... did you have a similar thing?Ive completed one Noyo project and was paid $5
Ive also completed the Carmel project - but not to sure as to how the pay works for this one as another automatic invoice one.
Direct Links to Paid Online Work