Rachel's Money Diary

Rs20033

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
591
Points
163
Location
Derbyshire
@Jon I used your beginners guide to set it up, it was a great help. I'm glad I started using it straight away - it would have been quite a task to go back and add all the info later...
 

Rs20033

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
591
Points
163
Location
Derbyshire
Update: I received my £30 free bet from Betfred in less than 24 hours, so I bet on a horse this afternoon and made £20.82 profit!

I have just realised I made £13.47 profit on the Coral offer, not £13.74 as I forgot about the loss on the qualifying bet.

So, including my shopping £0.71 slots win, I am now at £35.00 profit for not a lot of work.

Unfortunately, my horse won into Betfred so I need to wait for the funds to be withdrawn before I can continue. Hopefully this won't take long!
 

Midnight

New Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
59
Points
0
Sounds like you're enjoying the matched betting experience :) let's hope you can continue earning bigger and bigger amounts
 

Rs20033

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
591
Points
163
Location
Derbyshire
Quick update... (I'm going to stop using bookie names in case I'm not supposed to use the ones not included in the free trial. I am doing them strictly in order on PA)

I have completed offer 3, and am now on £48.74 profit!

My qualifier for offer 4 & 5 is on Saturday so I have a bit of a wait, but basically, in one week, my £70 is now £120!
 

The Reverend

The Reverend
Staff member
Joined
Oct 6, 2015
Messages
3,384
Points
313
Website
thereverend.co.uk
Rs20033 said:
Quick update... (I'm going to stop using bookie names in case I'm not supposed to use the ones not included in the free trial. I am doing them strictly in order on PA)

I have completed offer 3, and am now on £48.74 profit!

My qualifier for offer 4 & 5 is on Saturday so I have a bit of a wait, but basically, in one week, my £70 is now £120!

Don't use bookies/exchanges names as you never know who is watching. :-X
 

auntygeek

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
1,495
Points
158
Rs20033 said:
Update: I received my £30 free bet from Betfred in less than 24 hours, so I bet on a horse this afternoon and made £20.82 profit!

I have just realised I made £13.47 profit on the Coral offer, not £13.74 as I forgot about the loss on the qualifying bet.

So, including my shopping £0.71 slots win, I am now at £35.00 profit for not a lot of work.

Unfortunately, my horse won into Betfred so I need to wait for the funds to be withdrawn before I can continue. Hopefully this won't take long!

Sounds like you're doing great! £35 from two offers is just the beginning :)

Others have a different opinion but be careful betting on horses especially during the week... Premiership football is a much steadier/safer market in some respects and - as in your case - horses with high odds can often win and too many of these might not look great on your account. Odds change so rapidly that you can end up taking an Arb without realising/meaning

Don't want to alarm you but better to get into good habits from the start :)
 

Rs20033

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
591
Points
163
Location
Derbyshire
Thanks for the advice. I think I will just stick to football for now. There's such a lot to take in at first and I wasn't really thinking like a mug punter. I need to start betting on more plausible things! (My qualifier with that bookie was a foreign football match. My account is probably already flagged...).

I'm just waiting now... I was sensible with offer 4 and waited for a normal UK football game, which is tomorrow. I am kind of looking forward to when I will have enough money to not have to wait all the time to do the next offer, but then again, if I was doing 2 or 3 offers at the same time I would probably get confused!
 

Rs20033

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
591
Points
163
Location
Derbyshire
Another update...

I have completed offers 4 and 5. I have placed my qualifying bet for offer 6 (and also have £36 cashback tracked! - not counting cashback in any of my figures until it clears). The game is on Wednesday so will report back once the offer is completed.

Just to recap:

Offer 1 - £13.47 profit (£20 offer)
£0.71 slots
Offer 2 - £20.82 profit (£30 offer)
Offer 3 - £13.74 profit (£20 offer)
Offer 4 - £6.52 profit (£10 offer)
£0.50 slots
Offer 5 - £10 profit (second exchange)

£65.76 total

I think I could have made a bit more out of these offers by waiting for better odds, but I just wanted to get on with it, and I'm very pleased with these results :)
 

The Reverend

The Reverend
Staff member
Joined
Oct 6, 2015
Messages
3,384
Points
313
Website
thereverend.co.uk
Rs20033 said:
Another update...

I have completed offers 4 and 5. I have placed my qualifying bet for offer 6 (and also have £36 cashback tracked! - not counting cashback in any of my figures until it clears). The game is on Wednesday so will report back once the offer is completed.

Just to recap:

Offer 1 - £13.47 profit (£20 offer)
£0.71 slots
Offer 2 - £20.82 profit (£30 offer)
Offer 3 - £13.74 profit (£20 offer)
Offer 4 - £6.52 profit (£10 offer)
£0.50 slots
Offer 5 - £10 profit (second exchange)

£65.76 total

I think I could have made a bit more out of these offers by waiting for better odds, but I just wanted to get on with it, and I'm very pleased with these results :)

Hey :)

Make sure when you do the offers you go through TCB or Quidco to get some extra funds in. Last week there was an easy £30 cashback from NetBet. :)
 

Rs20033

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
591
Points
163
Location
Derbyshire
Thanks, I will make sure I check for cashback. There are some great deals on there.

Offer 6 - £16.08 profit (I know I could have got more from a £25 free bet, but I am too impatient to wait for better odds!!).

Total MB profit - £81.84! That's in 2 weeks.

I either need to wait for a withdrawal to my bank to do the next offer (qualifier won into bookies so I don't have enough in bank to deposit - I have plenty in Betfair) or I could "break the rules" and sneak onto the Advanced Offer page, as there is one at the top of the page that expires soon, and doesn't require as much cash. Will have a think about that one.

On another note, to encourage myself and others, since I joined THe Money Shed mid December, I have withdrawn the following:

Spare5 - $32.60
Prolific Academic- £40.42
Surveybods - £15.00 (started this one in October I think)
Quickthoughts - £10.00 ITunes voucher
Panelbase - £10.00
Geotask - £2.00

I haven't received the Surveybods or Panelbase payments yet. The others were very quick. Plus I have loads that I just haven't reached the payout for yet.

Thanks so much for all the help and information so far. I will report back when I complete my next MB offer.
 

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
31,232
Points
283
Age
40
Location
Leeds
Rs20033 said:
Thanks, I will make sure I check for cashback. There are some great deals on there.

Offer 6 - £16.08 profit (I know I could have got more from a £25 free bet, but I am too impatient to wait for better odds!!).

Total MB profit - £81.84! That's in 2 weeks.

I either need to wait for a withdrawal to my bank to do the next offer (qualifier won into bookies so I don't have enough in bank to deposit - I have plenty in Betfair) or I could "break the rules" and sneak onto the Advanced Offer page, as there is one at the top of the page that expires soon, and doesn't require as much cash. Will have a think about that one.

On another note, to encourage myself and others, since I joined THe Money Shed mid December, I have withdrawn the following:

Spare5 - $32.60
Prolific Academic- £40.42
Surveybods - £15.00 (started this one in October I think)
Quickthoughts - £10.00 ITunes voucher
Panelbase - £10.00
Geotask - £2.00

I haven't received the Surveybods or Panelbase payments yet. The others were very quick. Plus I have loads that I just haven't reached the payout for yet.

Thanks so much for all the help and information so far. I will report back when I complete my next MB offer.

£16 from a £25 bet!!!

you need to go hunting for better odds like you've said!!
 

Rs20033

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
591
Points
163
Location
Derbyshire
@Jon I know, I was just too impatient to get down the list!

I have made a decision to stop rushing this, and if it takes me one week to do each offer then that's fine. So far, I have just wanted to get on with it, and as a result, I have accepted lower odds so I don't need to wait a few days for withdrawals or better odds.

I have got to the "maximising profit" bit on PA, so will be using that as my guide from now on.

Luckily, I am finding that my withdrawals seem to be hitting the bank a lot quicker than expected. 3 days has been the longest, still pretty impressive for a first withdrawal. It's a basic Barclays account if anyone is thinking of setting one up.

I am still really pleased with my profit so far, just a bit annoyed with myself that I rushed it and could have made more... Lesson learned!
 

Rs20033

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
591
Points
163
Location
Derbyshire
Next offer done. £18.22 profit from £25.00 free bet (my quoted profits per offer profits are all after I have subtracted the loss from the qualifying bet by the way). I should have won more on this but my bet was partially matched so I had to accept higher odds on the lay for half of the bet.

I am quite pleased that this happened, as now I know how to use the tricky bet calculator, and exactly what to do.

Just waiting for a withdrawal, then on with the next offer!

Total profit now at £100.06.
 

Rs20033

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
591
Points
163
Location
Derbyshire
£15.55 profit from a £10 treble odds signup (PA instructions said I should make £14-ish so very pleased). Once the enhanced odds amount is paid into the bookies, I will have a large amount in there, so I will need to do a few mug bets. Thanks @auntygeek for the advice with this. This will slow things down a bit with the sign ups (thanks for that, Liverpool!).
 

Rs20033

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
591
Points
163
Location
Derbyshire
I've forgotten to update this for a little while! After a bit of mugging of a good account that I won £160 into with a £10 bet, I moved onto the next offer. £21.68 profit. As this is a good account that gubs easily, I did a mug bet before withdrawing, and received a no strings attached £10 free bet in my emails this morning. I've used this on a game tomorrow and should make £8 profit (but will have to mug again now!).

I had a little go at a couple of risk-free slots offers today. The first one, I bet 5 times on red on the roulette. What are the chances of black 5 times in a row? I get my £5 back, so no harm done. Next offer, I withdrew £2.05 profit (this should have been £4.05 but I accidentally did a £2 spin - don't ask!!)

Total profit is now £133.96, not including the £8 that I will make tomorrow. My pot is growing nicely.
 

auntygeek

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
1,495
Points
158
Well done on the risk free offers!!!

I've had some great profits from risk frees. Highly recommend doing ONLY risk free offers until your bank is large enough that you don't notice £50 odd losses chasing a slots offer on the non risk free ones :)

Also be vvvvv careful and always check the stake. So easy to bet huge in seconds and wipe your profit or even worse your entire balance

Keep it up! :)
 

Rs20033

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
591
Points
163
Location
Derbyshire
@thanks Auntygeek, only just seen this! Also, thanks so much for all the help since!

A bit of progress since my last update... Too much to go through offers individually, so basically, after a great slots win of just over £200 (risk free!), my total profit now sits at £427.13! I still have 4 beginners offers, plus two other exchange offers (which I think I will leave for a bit until I have a bigger bank...).

I had a £5 free bet emailed to me, so I have tried my first acca this morning! I decided to try a treble. It will give a 83.4% return, and the odds matches weren't amazing either, so I will definitely be using accas for my free bets from now on. I have downloaded an app to remind me to bet on the next leg though, as I am so forgetful!

I did the 1000 PP spins yesterday. £2.30 down, but I will probably get that back with the free spins to come.

No spending goals. My only goal at the moment is to build up my bank so I can withdraw £500 a month.
 

Blackpepper1

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
3,014
Points
193
Rs20033 said:
@thanks Auntygeek, only just seen this! Also, thanks so much for all the help since!

A bit of progress since my last update... Too much to go through offers individually, so basically, after a great slots win of just over £200 (risk free!), my total profit now sits at £427.13! I still have 4 beginners offers, plus two other exchange offers (which I think I will leave for a bit until I have a bigger bank...).

I had a £5 free bet emailed to me, so I have tried my first acca this morning! I decided to try a treble. It will give a 83.4% return, and the odds matches weren't amazing either, so I will definitely be using accas for my free bets from now on. I have downloaded an app to remind me to bet on the next leg though, as I am so forgetful!

I did the 1000 PP spins yesterday. £2.30 down, but I will probably get that back with the free spins to come.

No spending goals. My only goal at the moment is to build up my bank so I can withdraw £500 a month.
That is brilliant progress!
£200 on a slot win risk free is a nice boost to your Matched Betting earnings.[emoji3]
 

Rs20033

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
591
Points
163
Location
Derbyshire
Thank you!

I started Matched Betting in January. I started off using Ultimatcher, then switched to @auntygeek 's super spreadsheet, which works better for me (I kept breaking Ultimatcher!). Anyway, I thought I would share some stats off the spreadsheet!

Total profit end of February 2016: £952.99
January: £111.02
February: £841.97

Signups £220.68
Free bets £15.06
Mug bets -£5.20
Casino £710.65
Other £11.81 (corrections and the £10 from Smarkets)

The slots offers have really made a huge difference, and I have been very lucky with them. Only £25.09 of the casino profit is from low risk offers. All the rest was risk free. I had 2 big wins on the WH free spins, last week and this week.

Now I have a nice bank, back to some sign ups I think!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Amazon Discount Finder Tool

Find hidden 80%+ savings on Amazon products



 

 

 

 

 

 

 


TMSPRESTO