----- The Introduce yourself thread! -----

skit72

New Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2014
Messages
2
Points
0
Hi, great to join.

Enjoying reading all the info and hope I can add a little myself. Previously done some internet assessing, decent money but work was quite erratic. Currently work part time, would like to earn an additional £200-£300 pm working from home if possible so I don't have to incur any further childcare cost.

63336 interests me because I enjoy roaming the internet finding information.

Thanks
 

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
30,661
Points
283
Age
39
Location
Leeds
normski said:
Hi

Ideally £200 upwards would be great but if it was below that it would be beneficial

Thanks

Easily achievable. Take a look at things like roamler . Depending where you are in the world you can do the weekly flower tasks, earn. £25 a week from them and that's an easy £100 a month right there
 

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
30,661
Points
283
Age
39
Location
Leeds
skit72 said:
Hi, great to join.

Enjoying reading all the info and hope I can add a little myself. Previously done some internet assessing, decent money but work was quite erratic. Currently work part time, would like to earn an additional £200-£300 pm working from home if possible so I don't have to incur any further childcare cost.

63336 interests me because I enjoy roaming the internet finding information.

Thanks

Hiya and welcome to the site, great to have you on here

If you already know how much you want to earn that should make it far easier for you to choose how you go about it.

Take a look around and apply for the things that you think suit your lifestyle the best
 

crazyminx

New Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2014
Messages
15
Points
0
Hi everyone :)

I've just heard about this site and thought I'd pop by as I'm always looking for inspiration on ways to bring in a bit of cash to the household!

I do Consumer Pulse, and I used to be heavily into Dooyoo but I've let that slack recently! Looking forward to having an explore around here! :)
 

sigabooks

New Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2014
Messages
6
Points
0
Hi I'm Simon

I started looking for alternatives about a year and a half ago (due to a grey and depressing 8-6 office job with a terrible boss) and since then I have mainly been selling antique books on ebay (I was lucky with a couple of good house clearances) - I advertised the fact that I was looking for all loft clearances and house clearances and after a few weeks got my first haul of antique books (could have been anything!) I just took the plunge and was lucky to get a lot of valuable stuff. (I gave the guy who was clearing the house a small amount of money, and in return came home with 500 antique books I also put ads up saying 'book dealer/collector looking for old books' etc etc. Use gumtree, there's always people on there, although you do have to sift through the replies as you'll get a lot of useless replies hehehe.

A lot of the time someone is hired to clear a house and they will either throw it all in a skip, or give it away / sell what they can. With this particular house clearance I estimate that about 10,000 antique books were thrown into a skip by the guy! I didn't have the space to take them all!!! So I just got about 500 books. I've made about £2000 over 6 months from that particular house clearance. (On ebay)

I also do tv/film extra work and have found that you can really make a load of money if you're lucky enough to be chosen for a block period of filming. (I know its not working from home, but it suits people with flexible schedules and is really easy money). There's 3 or 4 main agencies - sign up with them but don't sign up with the ones that you have to pay upfront.

I have also made a music cd that I am selling (and performing music) but I wouldn't recommend that if you want to make decent money. Maybe the venue will give you 'beer money' or maybe someone will buy a cd (although I feel guilty when someone buys one ha ha ha - I'm also a terrible salesman). I have a lot of online music/band content and have just recently tried to 'monetize' it, but I reckon I'll make about 50p a year because it's a very niche music style.

I'm mainly looking for new opportunities that are flexible and I'm extremely interested in this 63336/Text operator role.

8)
 

FreeSwagSites

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Jan 25, 2014
Messages
750
Points
128
Welcome to the new members that have just joined TMS.
I look forward to read about your online adventures - some of you have already found some very interesting and novel ways to make money. I particularly love the antique book rescue mission :)
 

lucy_lcm

New Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2014
Messages
3
Points
0
Hi everyone,

I'm Lucy, I live in SW London (one of the typical twenty-somethings living in Clapham I'm sorry to say!).

As London insists on increasing the cost of living to ridiculous levels I come to sites such as The Money Shed to find some bargains and let others know of bargains I come across.

I love traveling, fashion, reading, eating out, good wine and am desperate to own a dog (one day...).

Look forward to chatting to you.

Lucy
 

coomassie_blu

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
584
Points
138
Yes welcome all :)

You can ask anything you like on here. Even if you think it might be a numpty question! Everybody is very kind and patient, and there's something new to learn every day
 

xmturtle

New Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2014
Messages
3
Points
0
Hi, I'm Em and have just come across this site whilst avoiding an assignment! I hope it brings me luck and cash. I am always on the hunt to make more cash so seems this is a good place to take a look. I am 35 and have a dog, 4 turtles and a cat. Currently a student paramedic and hope to qualify in the spring. I look forward to meeting your members through their posts, thanks, em x
 

FreeSwagSites

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Jan 25, 2014
Messages
750
Points
128
xmturtle said:
Currently a student paramedic and hope to qualify in the spring

Welcome to the Money Shed - lots of great moneymaking ideas here.

I am doing my best to reduce the number of patients that you have to deal with via my Kid Safety Site, but some people are very set in their ways.

My top 3 list of safety obsessions that others think are silly:

1. No more than 1 child on the trampoline at any given time;
2. Don't use backless booster seats unless your child is at least 7 years old (despite what the manufacturers say)
3. Don't put knives pointy end up in the dishwasher (this one really gets my goat as it's so unnecessary!)

Please tell me that I am not the insane one? ;)
 

Flitterbug

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
May 17, 2014
Messages
1,293
Points
146
Age
120
Location
Reading, England
TheRewardGuy said:
1. No more than 1 child on the trampoline at any given time;

Depends on the age of the children I guess? Me and my sister use to love 'launching' each other up higher when you caught the other ones bounce. Also when I did trampolining lessons we had a game where we would sit crossed legged on the trampoline and get bounced high up by the instructor and the idea was you had to keep hold of your toes - great fun (there were safety mats for this one)
 

FreeSwagSites

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Jan 25, 2014
Messages
750
Points
128
Kelzky said:
Me and my sister use to love 'launching' each other up higher when you caught the other ones bounce.
Stop it, you're making my face go red! ;)
I think that's called "kipping" and is a very common cause of childhood accidents on trampolines, especially when 1 child is heavier than the other.
It used to be even worse before safety nets became commonplace.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8273795.stm
 

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
30,661
Points
283
Age
39
Location
Leeds
 

Flitterbug

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
May 17, 2014
Messages
1,293
Points
146
Age
120
Location
Reading, England
TheRewardGuy said:
Kelzky said:
Me and my sister use to love 'launching' each other up higher when you caught the other ones bounce.
Stop it, you're making my face go red! ;)
I think that's called "kipping" and is a very common cause of childhood accidents on trampolines, especially when 1 child is heavier than the other.
It used to be even worse before safety nets became commonplace.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8273795.stm

We were fine though!! :p - no different to falling out of a tree, or off some of these new super fancy tall climbing frames.

I couldn't believe it when they banned cartwheels and handstands on school fields... I agree that some H&S issues are real and need to be addressed but I think it does get a bit silly sometimes... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/9951819/School-bans-dangerous-triangular-flapjacks.html ;)
 

Flitterbug

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
May 17, 2014
Messages
1,293
Points
146
Age
120
Location
Reading, England
Jon@TheMoneyShed said:

Ouch I agree that 5 on a trampoline like this is excessive and a one way ticket to disaster. My 2nd cousin did break her arm coming off a trampoline - there were 3 on there at the time and she was significantly younger than the other 2 (by 7 years I think) and therefore much lighter!
 

FreeSwagSites

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Jan 25, 2014
Messages
750
Points
128
Kelzky said:
TheRewardGuy said:
Kelzky said:
Me and my sister use to love 'launching' each other up higher when you caught the other ones bounce.
Stop it, you're making my face go red! ;)
I think that's called "kipping" and is a very common cause of childhood accidents on trampolines, especially when 1 child is heavier than the other.
It used to be even worse before safety nets became commonplace.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8273795.stm

We were fine though!! :p - no different to falling out of a tree, or off some of these new super fancy tall climbing frames.

I couldn't believe it when they banned cartwheels and handstands on school fields... I agree that some H&S issues are real and need to be addressed but I think it does get a bit silly sometimes... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/9951819/School-bans-dangerous-triangular-flapjacks.html ;)

These silly decision are usually caused by:

1. Civil servants misinterpreting the regulations / H & S laws;
2. Overreacting to single incidents by banning the activity entirely for the future without properly assessing the situation.

Very often, they think it's easier to ban an activity rather than manage it / make it a bit safer.

PS. I have eaten some round cakes that were much more dangerous than those triangular flapjacks.
 

FreeSwagSites

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Jan 25, 2014
Messages
750
Points
128
Kelzky said:
Jon@TheMoneyShed said:

Ouch I agree that 5 on a trampoline like this is excessive and a one way ticket to disaster. My 2nd cousin did break her arm coming off a trampoline - there were 3 on there at the time and she was significantly younger than the other 2 (by 7 years I think) and therefore much lighter!

You're not going to get me to make any concessions on this point Kelzky ;)
 

Flitterbug

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
May 17, 2014
Messages
1,293
Points
146
Age
120
Location
Reading, England
TheRewardGuy said:
Kelzky said:
Jon@TheMoneyShed said:

Ouch I agree that 5 on a trampoline like this is excessive and a one way ticket to disaster. My 2nd cousin did break her arm coming off a trampoline - there were 3 on there at the time and she was significantly younger than the other 2 (by 7 years I think) and therefore much lighter!

You're not going to get me to make any concessions on this point Kelzky ;)

I think my point is that: yes accidents do happen and we can prevent some of them, but it shouldn't get to the point where children aren't allowed to have fun anymore.

As long as children remain curious boundaries will be tested - I'm sure we'll have all that fun to come as ours get older! Mine's started already at 8 months old ;)
 

andyw0106

New Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2014
Messages
11
Points
0
Hi all I am Andrew and im here to start making money as I am fed up of being so skint all the time.
Hopefully I will pick up lots of tips etc from here
 

Members online


Amazon Discount Finder Tool

Find hidden 80%+ savings on Amazon products



 

 

 

 

 

 

 


TMSPRESTO