Distractions working from home

Phoenix

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Jan 24, 2014
Messages
229
Points
128
Age
119
Location
Leeds
Website
www.absolutelyfabgreetingcards.co.uk
What's your distractions if working from home? Mine is housework, if I know ironing needs doing I will do it. TV perhaps some daytime programme I want to see, social media busy chatting with friends.
 

cha97mw

New Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2014
Messages
23
Points
0
facebook, housework, the dog and the cat. The kids when they are at home. I'd have to say mainly facebook though as I am just too darn nosey for my own good and there is always someone there to chat to.
 

coomassie_blu

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
584
Points
138
The dog!

And now all these blinkin' surveys - I'm enjoying them so far but I bet the novelty wears off quite quickly!

Seriously though - going out for a bracing walk with the hound, or having a game of tuggy, or just sharing a bearhug (he's a big boy!), gets me away from the screen and loosens up all those muscles you tend to scrunch up when you're glued to the PC!

I avoid Facebook - good thing too it seems!
 

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
30,389
Points
283
Age
39
Location
Leeds
Good thread question!

I suppose life in general for me

I work all day and then have to fit in what working from home I can

I am lucky that I have the opportunities that I do I suppose as they don't take up that much time but when I am at home it's the usual family,pets,sport, interests, social life

I try and draw a line where I stop working at 10pm no matter what I am up to or else my brain turns to mush.
 

coomassie_blu

Money Making Megastar!
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
584
Points
138
I agree that it's sensible to shut down the laptop at least an hour before going to bed or it can disrupt sleeping patterns. I think there was some research about the light from the screen interfering with melatonin levels in the brain or something - but I might have just made that up so don't quote me!
 

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
30,389
Points
283
Age
39
Location
Leeds
Just wanted to add to this that another major distraction for me are OTHER methods of earning online

Trying to do 63336 while trying to write a blog post and finish off an online focus group in between each question can be a nightmare.

Need to choose one thing and stay focuses at it lol
 

Chammy

I'm really an 18yr old in the body of a 30yr old!
Staff member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
3,299
Points
253
Age
35
Location
Sheffield
Website
www.chammyirl.co.uk
Jon@TheMoneyShed said:
Just wanted to add to this that another major distraction for me are OTHER methods of earning online

Trying to do 63336 while trying to write a blog post and finish off an online focus group in between each question can be a nightmare.

Need to choose one thing and stay focuses at it lol

Oooh 63336 kept bugging me while writing my blog post the other day, that and Skype ;) haha

Biggest distracting for the past 5 weeks has been my son. I love him to bits but bring on school a week tomorrow so things can return to normal and I can have peace while working. :p
 
P

Pheebs

Guest
Uni work is a major distraction, but sometimes it feels like it's the other way round. If I'm studying and work keeps beeping, it's a bit irritating, but ultimately, making money at the present moment has to take priority in my life.

Balance is a constant struggle.
 
Q

queen81

Guest
The world outside my kitchen window - I sit at my kitchen table on the computer with the window open and when people walk by chatting I turn round to be nosey
 

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
30,389
Points
283
Age
39
Location
Leeds
Pheebs said:
Uni work is a major distraction, but sometimes it feels like it's the other way round. If I'm studying and work keeps beeping, it's a bit irritating, but ultimately, making money at the present moment has to take priority in my life.

Balance is a constant struggle.

I can see how Uni work can be a major distraction. It's like not like a regular working day where you have set hours so you must find it hard to priortise all these things at times.
 
P

Pheebs

Guest
Jon@TheMoneyShed said:
Pheebs said:
Uni work is a major distraction, but sometimes it feels like it's the other way round. If I'm studying and work keeps beeping, it's a bit irritating, but ultimately, making money at the present moment has to take priority in my life.

Balance is a constant struggle.

I can see how Uni work can be a major distraction. It's like not like a regular working day where you have set hours so you must find it hard to priortise all these things at times.

Yep.

It's a weird situation. I have SO much work to do, and my assignments are very regular (every 4-5 weeks) that it's difficult to get it done at the best of times. To add to that, I'm paying for my masters degree myself, so I have to find an extra £220 per month to pay the finance company. I find myself torn between wanting work to be busy so I can make enough money, and work being quiet so I actually have time to do some reading/writing.

I'm sure it will be worth it, but pay reductions make things MUCH more difficult...
 

Amazon Discount Finder Tool

Find hidden 80%+ savings on Amazon products



 

 

 

 

 

 

 


TMSPRESTO